As many of you know or might not know... I'm into doing dolly things lately. I've recently won an auction on ebay for a lot of used Monster High dolls. They have all seen better days that is for sure.
The one missing a face is the one I chose to work on first. (Ghoulia) I should have taken a picture of her before hand. I have recently figured out that when it comes to plastic dolls like this use 100% acetone remover to get their original faceups off. Much quicker!! You can find a bottle of it at Walgreens along side the other reg. nail polish removers.
Okay now my plans for her. I am planning on making her into Lily Munster doll! I know! I love Lily Munster. I wanted to make a bjd themed around her, but that is very costly for a doll that isn't my original character. I decided that this lovely would make a perfect Lily Munster. I mean her skin tone is PERFECT. The hair though... not so much.
So first up.. get rid of old makeup and old hair. I cut all her hair off, got her head off by soaking her in hot water and wiggling it very carefully off. (see a youtube vid for more instruction) and then I took tweezers up in her head and pulled out all the gluey old hair.
Now I am working on re- rooting her hair. I am going to re root her with black fake hair I got from Sally's beauty supply store. Its heap, but decent. I'm going to use some of the white doll hair from above old monster high dolls for the stripes in the hair. Once I get that all done I will start her face up.
I will keep you posted! I have plans for almost all these girls.